Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I am back..HaHa!!

I was waiting in this small room. It was painted blue on one side, red on the second, green on the third and blue on the last one. The floor had spotless white marble and the ceiling was jet black. "And this is going to decide my fate!", I thought as a short guy was walking up to me holding a hideous hat. He spoke in a very attractive and calm voice,
"So, I am going to place this hat on your head. The hat will then decide where you will be going. It will be done in a few seconds and not hurt at all."
The guy sounded more like the nurse who took my blood samples in the hospital 7 months before when I got to know about my sickness. It was a Brain Tumor - a time bomb - which burst inside my brain a month later the report and killed me. I had no idea how it felt like dying but the after process sure was lethargic. After tons of form filling and standing in ques, I finally entered the dooms room. The place where my 'Karma' would be calculated and my fate of hell and heaven would be decided.
"This is the 'Harry Potter' hat?"
The guy's face became red with irritation,
"For the last time, I am waiting for Rowling to come again and apologize for stealing my idea"
"She was here?"
"Not your business"
I sat quietly as the cap was kept on my head. I waited for a long time but the cap seemed to have lost somewhere in my head. Finally, the hat spoke in the guy's ears. The guy  looked annoyed and spoke,
"Could you just not balance your Karma so well before coming back again?"
"Again? Am I supposed to do the form filling again?Why?"
"You are balanced in all ways. Your good and bad is same. Your dreams and nightmares are balanced. Your achievements and losses are equal."
"So?"
"You go back. Pack your bags."
Before I could respond, I was standing outside my house. I felt a gush of polluted air enter through my nose. The sun seemed less bright than the room I was in. I thought I was a ghost now - I had heard people say that if your soul does not get a place anywhere you hangout alone on Earth for eternity.
I was shit scared, sweating like a pig. Wait! Even ghosts sweat, odd. I saw my sister at the parking wearing my dress. I went stood behind her hoping she would feel me. I did not understand if she felt me, but I sure had my eardrums in panic when she screamed when she faced me.
"Aaannnvviii!!.. OMG! Is this a ghost or a joke. I am sorry I will not wear your favorite dress again"
She just saw me. I guess the sister bond worked after all.
"Hey! You can wear it, I am dead anyways. What is up with you? And relax, am not going to hurt you." I stepped closer and touched her shoulder. I could feel her touch and so could she. I was feeling so much better that I hugged her. But, I guess she freaked out being hugged by her dead sis. She pushed me hard, I fell on my knees and bruised it. There was blood coming out.
"You are a vampire or a zombie. I told you not to watch Vampire Diaries all the time...
I couldn't understand a word after that as she went running inside.  I stood up and went inside my house. I could listen to my mother, hoping that she would be able to see me too.
"Hetal, shut up. Your sister never was bad to you when alive or after she is dead. Stop the bull shit"
But she stood still and shocked when she saw me and me with a bruised knee. She screamed aloud,
"Kunal, she is back"
She came to me and actually inspected me from top to bottom. She made me sit at a corner staring at me till my husband was downstairs.
"Who is back Mom?"
"What are you doing here? What is wrong with our house?"
I asked him seeing him in his house shorts and t-shirt. He looked at me and stood stunned. He could not speak. Finally, I walked to him and put his hands on my heart.
"It is beating for God's sake. I am back. Did you remarry?"
"She has a heartbeat. Mom, she is alive or what. I do not know. Call the doctor. Oh my god, and yeah she is anvi, still the same questioning. I need to calm."
The doctor was called and he finally proclaimed I was alive with running blood and beating heart. My family had a lot of questions but my mom hugged me tight and started crying. Her tears were unstoppable. I am sure she was glad that I am back again. Kunal kissed me and in front of my mom and sister. Though I loved his lips after so long.
"I missed you. How are you back? you know I missed you right?"
They told me everything that happened since the 6 months I was gone. My husband had moved with my mother and was her son now. My sister had taken over all my room, clothes and cell phone but I know that was only because she wanted to feel me closer. My mom used to talk to my photo everyday and read all my blogs over and over again.
Finally, I looked at them and tried to cheer up things,
"I am alive, please remove that garland of my photo. And the frame does not even match my pic background."
Everybody laughed and I am sure it was after a long time. Though they had all moved on, my room was not the same, there were new things happened. But, even if they had moved on, they had not forgotten me. There is a "Welcome Back" for everybody who is lost in the phases of life. So, death was real but I am back!!
My entry for 'Indispire'

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written.
    enjoyed readin it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Nice happy ending story :) But, what about the body! If God gifted us the body, then great. Wish this could happen in real life.

    ReplyDelete