Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happiness is...

"Happiness is following the idiot voice inside you and ending up in trouble"

Day 1 - 16th March, 2014

It was a pleasant morning. I was sleeping with my neice next to me. Yes, I was home, away from the white work cubicle that suffocates me to death each day. I had to come home and take some leaves even if it meant getting fired. (I swear I am waiting to get fired :-P). I guess I was dreaming karan doing the rapid fire with me. He asked me name one thing that has always inspired me to write. I gave a smile and replied,

"Train! Train! Train!"

My dream got cut with my neice shouting in my ears. I never got to know what had inspired me. Instead, with sleepy eyes I had to stand outside the balcony showing my sweetheart a train passing by. That was how my day had started.

After the usual breakfast, family gosipps with my mom and sister, etc etc.. i started feeling a little restless. I had told all my home friends that I was coming, but till 1 in the afternoon there was no call or message. Infact, my watsapp also did not ring. This is when I realized it was not them, it was my phone. There was no range for no reason. (Apologies to all who tried calling me!)

This is when my day actually started. I panicked and left to give the phone to a repair shop. My neice companied me. The three year stood in front of the activa seat. For some while she behaved pretty well, later the embarassment began. There was no passer by who she did not shout at saying,
'Hi Aunty' in her UK accent and was continuously pressong the horn switch. When we waited to get her an icecream, all she did was make faces and demand for a Mengo Doly. When finally getting her home with her mengo doly, I was given the responsibility to get her to sleep. I tried to sing something but she retorted back saying,

"You have a ball face masi. Can I play football with it?"

Finally, I got up 4 hours later when Bhanu (My weird school friend) kicked my butt. It seems my darling neice had got me to sleep quite well.

"Where the hell is your phone?"

"Repair"

"Get up and drop me home"

"Why did you come then?"

"To see if you were alive. Now, its 7, need to reach before 7.30"

I was a mess, a total creepy looking masi. Yet, I had to go. But Bhanu was not the only devil in disguise. Pranali (A doppleganger, the evil twin I have) had joined in too.

We went in tripples to drop Bhanu. On our way back, the holi fever was on. There wer songs playing outside every 'mandal'. When passing one of them, pranali lifted my hand and made dancing movements. We were not the only crazy apparantly. All the guys in the mandal started shouting and dancing seeing us. It was embarassing. The two crazy single women were in search of good guys, but this was mad.

"Hey let us walk in that restaurant."
"Yeah! Show some attitude with the entrance"

"Yeah"

Just outside the entrance, bith of us took a deep breath and got into a nice classy chick attitude.

"Tummy in, butts out"

And we laughed like maniacs. All the attitude went away with the giggles. We roamed around, we sang, wore the devil horns dazzling with lights and hit on every guy possible. Two hours straight we screamed and let go of every little crazy hormone dieing to come out since months. Finally, the rush ended with dancing the "Queen" style in my house parking with almost all my apartment folks noticing us. It was normal for them though, we had been worse sometimes.

Anyway, the day ended with my mommy, my sisters, my neice and me letting go a light in the sky with messages to all the ones looking over us from above..!!

I know when I go back for work, the boss is going to sulk. But the three day 'Happiness tour' I am on is totally worth it...:-*:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment