Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happiness is!!

"Happiness is the hope of living life, breathing free with arms open wide"

Day 3: 18/03/2014

"Anvi, I am getting these wierd feelings in my tummy"

"Dude, did you eat anything wrong?"

"Seriously? They are not that feelings, they are the feelings which come when I am uneasy"

I wish I could tell Pranali I had similar emotions coming out of me. It was the last day of my breakfree tour. I soon had to go to my old life again.

"I need to start living Anvi, surviving is not what I want. I want to talk to be heard"

"And I need to quit this job. It is draining out the life in me."

Why do I always crib with this? I have said this to almost everybody. I am such a cry baby. I was thinking of it and something odd happened inside me. Maybe it was the 'Queen' effect, but that very moment I did something my family or friends will not understand right now.

"Pranali I am quitting. I am taking the internship the newspaper has offered"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I know my family is not going to take this easily, but I am used to tragic situations now."

"If you do it, I will too stop tormenting myself with bygones."

Yes, this time there was no looking back. We cannot waste our life on a boring job and a fucked up relationship. To reach somewhere, we had to leave from somewhere.

This was it, our decision was made. Pranali hugged me tight assuring she would not let me die hungry if I do not get a job after the internship and I had to be her support whenever she needed backup.

To celebrate we raised a toast with freshly cut slices of watermelons, sitting near the highway. Sandeep and Sushant were there with us unknown of all the storms going inside the both of us. They were confused with our continuous laughing and our witfully teasing them. I guess they had started to wonder if we were mentally challenged.

So, this trip did more than just a break to the two of us. We realized our dreams, decided to live them and promised to support each other in every downfall and cherish each other in every success.

The last hug I shared with my evil twin was something I guess I had been missing for a long time. These are the times you realize that friendship is not dedicating a status to somebody or putting up a fancy caption on your picture with someone or flaunting your love to evrrbody. It is just the understanding between two individuals that does not need to be displayed. I am lucky to have these few friends around me who are there with me even if not near me.


1 comment:

  1. "I need to start living Anvi, surviving is not what I want. I want to talk to be heard"

    Ah, I so identify with this. But it's often a difficult road.

    anna @ Deeply Shallow

    ReplyDelete