Monday, September 22, 2014

The X

Just the title is intriguing enough for people to read further, the X, a single alphabet which has been haunting man kind since childhood. I remember when I was studying in 5th and my math teacher caressing his big ugly beard pointed at the board and said to me, 'SOLVE THIS'. All I could read and understand in the problem written on the board were the last two words, Find X. 

Since then The alphabet X is been puzzling, confusing, annoying and to some extent even heart breaking. As I grew up I realized X was not just something who had lost its value, but it was also an attribution to someone or something who gave up from playing an important part in your life. You like it or not, there is an expiry date to every relationship, after which it is prefixed with a X.

Today I suddenly got attracted and affected by this alphabet because of something that happened on one of the Whatsapp groups in the morning. So this was one of the groups where you actually never bother to reply and is filled with people from the past with whom you have no idea of what to converse with. 

So, I was in a fix and had no idea how not to pay attention to a group which was wishing my X boyfriend with birthday wishes and my X bestfriend was talking of the old gold days we had together. Yes, I did mute the group, but to some extent it was a little tough not reading those messages. 
In 22 years of my life, I have got my fair share of X's, be it the relationships, friendships or enemies for that matters. But never have these left my life forever, they have always been there to remind me of my past and occasionally scare me of it too. However I convince myself that I will not get affected and ignore the sole dramatic alphabet, it never really happens.

In 22 years of my life, I have got my fair share of X's, be it the relationships, friendships or enemies for that matters. Yes, they have never entirely got out of my life and there were elements of both good and bad times with them that I remembered at times.I am still concerned of what my X bestie is up to (and honestly I know it's kind of bitchy, but I hope they are paying for the sins committed), I always want to know if my X has got a new girl (and I love it when people say with disgust on their faces 'It is HER instead of YOU) and I always end up being friends with people I hated or who thought I was too bossy (They get used to my typically dominating self I guess ).

And today after receiving messages and calls wishing me happy birthday on the X's birthday (totally lame sarcasm and an old thing I did in 50's probably), I do accept the fact that the X plays an important role in changing everyone's life. If I did not have an X relationship, I would have never got a chance to find one where I was happy (and a relationship where I did not get liffe threatening calls from the berserk mom to leave his son alone). If I did not have an X bestfriend, I would have never understood life beyond being happy soul sisters! It is now I got to revamp my life and make a new thing out of what I was. 

All I have learnt so far is that whoever leaves you by choice and does things to be the X in your life, they are actualy doing a favor to you. They help you to discover yourself and it would be a foolish someone to not take the most of the opportunity provided. So,today I would like to thank all those who are currently my X buddies and bestfriends and all that crap! Thank you.. You made me what I am today, and let me tell you I love myself for what I am today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment