Monday, February 10, 2014

The Valentine's...

It was Valentine's Day, everything was going as per his plans. He had planned a romantic dinner with candles for her. He had started cooking her favorite Mushroom Masala and Biryani. There was a champagne bottle with a red ribbon tied to it. His friends had just finished blowing tons of heart shaped balloons. There was her favorite 'One Republic' song playing repeatedly. He was trying to learn the lyrics.

"Why you doing so much?", his friend asked him with curiosity.

"I want her back", he replied tossing the mushroom on the frying pan.

"Huh! When did you guys broke up?"

"We did not"

"Thank God I am have a different Valentine each year, I can not understand the people in love. Anyway, just an hour more then she will be here. Have fun, I will see you tomorrow."

There was just some time left and a lot of things were to be done. He finished the cooking, and stood proudly looking at Vanilla cake whose aroma had spread all over the house.

The sound of the door bell got him to senses. He rushed to open the door, she was standing there. The pretty little thing he had got for himself. Thin, short and delicate in every way possible, her silky hair were finding their way out from the rubber band.

"What were you up to"?

He grabbed her and hugged her tight.

"Happy Valentine's Day!"

She giggled, "Are you okay?"

"Ofcourse. You wait here and watch TV, I will be back in 10."

She was confused, what was happening today. She was not feeling right. But she had to do it today.
"And this is for my love"

He came out wearing a beige colored trouser and light purple shirt. His tall stature complimented his mature face very well. He had the cake in his hand.

"I made this for you."

She was speechless. She did not know how to react. The conflicts inside her were killing her. She blurted out aloud,

"I am not worth it. I do not deserve it."

"What?"

"I need to confess something. I cheated on you. I ruined everything and I do not know what to do", she burst out in tears.

He relied calmly holding her with one hand and wiping her tears with another,

"Do you love me?"

She sobbed and looking in eyes said,

"Yes, I do. And it was a mistake. I am really sorry, but it's okay if you do not want me back in your life. I know...

He cut her in between,

"I knew it. And I know you did not mean to. All I wanted to know if you love me. And you do, so do I. So, can we cut this cake now? I really am hungry."

He kissed her on the forehead,

"I love you"

- Anvi Mehta

No comments:

Post a Comment