Thursday, October 10, 2013

Never always well begun...!! - PART 3


She could feel somebody staring at her as she was walking towards Prutha and Siddharth. The soft whisper she heard a few minutes back was like an alarm that woke her up from a mysteriously beautiful dream. She did fantasize meeting a stranger who would sway her away, but she never expected it would happen in this way. Pallika was lost in the moments that she had spent with a total stranger. She wanted to relive them. Something in that stranger was appealing. She could still listen to the soft yet attractive voice in her head.

Prutha and Siddharth noticed Pallika walking towards them. They were both shocked and surprised to see her play the dare so well. In fact, all of them were impressed by Pallika. None knew that she was actually into the guy whom she had seen for the first time.

“I did not know you had a Shakira in you.” Prutha teased Pallika as she came towards her.

“And I did not know you had the “Mills & Boons” romance in you.” Pallika said this looking towards Prutha’s hands tangled around Siddhartha’s. None of them had noticed, but Prutha and Siddhartha were holding hands all through the night. After some intervals, Siddhartha glanced over at Prutha looking straight in her eyes. Though Prutha was a total jhali, she blushed whenever he looked at her. Her cheeks got pink and her small nose fluffed up.

Even when Pallika was teasing her, she blushed. Siddharth instantly took his hands off; Prutha raising her thick brows gave Pallika a look which maybe meant “You are dead”. Her frown changed to the sweetest smile as soon as Siddharth put his arms around her. He was getting quite cozy with her.

“Prutha, come dance with me?”

Siddharth pulled her off the couch and took her on the floor. He led her to the center of the floor and asked her to wait there. Prutha was confused. Her brain had anyways stopped thinking long back, and after the hand holding and stuff, she was in blank in her excited and happy mode. She did not know how long she was standing there; all she could understand was that the loud and peppy music had changed to something much softer. It was a tone she knew, she had heard it somewhere. She was trying to guess the song.

“Would you dance if I asked you to dance, would you run and never look back, would you save my soul tonight… I can be your HERO baby... I know you love this song and so I requested it for you”, it was Siddharth; he had asked the DJ to play the song Hero by Enrique, one of Prutha’s favorites. He walked towards her and pulled her closer.

“I know this is very soon and spontaneous. But I like spontaneous, it always is from the heart. We have been talking for months now and you know me very well. I can be myself with you. I don’t know if it is right or wrong but I want to stay like this forever. I would love to be with you and see you smiling forever. And trust me when I say this, but I will never let this smile fade away, you may think I am trying to impress you, but your smile is a killer. And my dialogues are inspired from the bollywood romantic masala." Prutha laughed over his last sentence, but there were butterflies fluttering inside her stomach. She went cold as Siddharth came closer. 

He continued, "The main point is that I love you Prutha. I have fallen for you, head over heels.”, then without even listening to what Prutha had to say, he leaned forward and kissed her trembling lips. She did not get the chance to reply in words, but she definitely loved him as well. It was confirmed the minute she kissed him back. And there it was – her first kiss standing at the center of the dance floor, her favorite music playing in the background and the guy she loved holding her safely in his arms. She was living her dream.

Everybody in the disc had noticed this romantic scenario and applauded for the new couple. Pallika was standing at a corner admiring her best friend with her new boyfriend. She was very happy for Prutha and was about to go hug her tight when she was stopped by a similar voice again talking in whispers to her.

“I was searching for you”

- By Anvi Mehta

No comments:

Post a Comment