Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Out from the shade..


I have spent 20 years of my life in my hometown, amongst people I know, I care for and I love. A protective father, a loving mother, a snotty sister and crazy friends have always been there for me.I was born here and have grown older living each of life's experiences. I.have spent the best of my school days here riding bicycles everywhere and have gone through the craziest "teens" bunking classes and hitting on guys. Be it my first kiss, the first break up, the first hangover or the first serious commitment, all my "everything in life happens for the first time" were in this city. And today, after all these years of love, laughter and craziness I am leaving this place. A tornado of emotions are storming inside me. Though I am very excited and looking forward for a new bunch of adventures to happen in the new place, but it's also difficult to just say good bye. There is a list of things that I am going to be miss a lot, right from my home made food to the food stall guy who knew how I liked my sandwiches, the first rains that I had never missed in all these years to the New Year celebrations with my childhood friends. I would certainly miss my family and friends, and i would cherish them forever. I am also ready and up for making new friends, new memories and a new fondness towards my new city. I hope this city likes me as well. Maybe this is what everybody leaving their safe place of shade go through. So, here I am in a completely new city searching for my new safe shade..!!

“Everybody has to leave, everybody has to leave their home and love their new abode finding new reasons and new people.”

- By Anvi Mehta

1 comment:

  1. Whoa ! Well written Anvi ... Must say its nice .. Have a nice time at your new city ! Do keep in touch ! Would love to read more blogs from you !!

    ReplyDelete