Friday, November 29, 2013

Never always well begun - Part 8

Pallika used to be in her room all day. Her parents thought she was upset. But in reality all she did was talk to Gaurav all the time. They spoke on the phone or text eachother. It went on for days and Pallika took good care to remain undetected. She had started smiling quite often and was in a good mood most of the times. Ajay used to come meet her at her house. That was the only time she did not talk to Gaurav.

Gaurav was happy as well. He was getting to know his stranger very well now. His vacations were getting over and now it was time for him to leave back for Pune.

"I am leaving for Pune today."

Pallika replied in a soft tone,"I wish I could come there."

"What is stopping you? You ahould come here. You know you should continue with your job or why don't you find a job as a writer. You are good."

"I cannot. I am getting married in 2 weeks."

"Yet you talk to me all day and night."

"Fine. I will stop"

"Pallika I like you. I won't even marry you now or propose you because our life has just started. What are we? 22-23?? I can promise you that I will be there for you and support you for every dream you want to live. You said you wanted to travel, I do not assure that I will be there in every trip of yours, but I will be waiting for your pictures and stories of your new adventures. I do not want a commitment where you will have to live my wishes, I want you to grow individually as a person. And I know that is what even you want. I am not going to come to Kolhapur and fight with your parents and your looser fianceê, if you want to make your life you are the one who has stand and fight for it. I will be there as your sidekick."

Pallika was almost in tears. All these days she had got close to him.
"Gaurav I want to say something"
"Yes you may"
"I am marrying Ajay because I made a mistake with him. I had an abortion when ina relationship with him."

There was silence for a few minutes. Gaurav replied in a very sarcastic way.
"I thought you were a modern girl who was meant to fly."

"Huh?"

"Are you mad? A 21st century girl who is ruining her life just because her boyfriend did not have the balls to use protection?"

"But?"
Gaurav cut her and spoke very stern.
"Listen Pallika, I am not going to judge you for this. You made a mistake, let me tell you I have made many. If you are ashamed of yourself than do not expect anybody to respect you. You do not have to go through this torture just for this. This is the lamest reason ever."

"No yaar. What if nobody accepts me?"

"Here I am saying that I freaking am falling for you. And even after knowing it I am still falling for you. And you think nobody would accept you? I love you girl."

"Yeah but I made a mistake"

"Have you seen the Ugly Truth?"

"What?"

"I just said I love you"

Pallika forgot everything they had spoken. She was blushing and had become pink when she realized what had happened.

"Hello?Pallika are you there?"

"Yeah"

"I do not want your reply. I just want you to know that there is somebody who loves you and is not bothered by your mistakes."

Pallika was quiet again. Gaurav asked her to call back when she was back to senses. He was happy he spoke his heart out. He left for Pune with a hope that she would come there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment